Wednesday, August 4, 2010

what's new you ask?

Scotty and I are going to be parents!! We couldn't be more ecstatic and feel beyond blessed to have this gift from God growing in my belly.
When did you find out? How did you know? How did you tell him? When are you due? These are all the questions I keep getting over and over!

June 29th-I took a pregnancy test that morning when I first woke up and Scott had already left for work. (BIG mistake, HUGE!) Test came up + right away!
June 29th-I took a second pregnancy test at lunch. Just to make sure!
June 29th-the longest day in history!!! I had to wait all day til I got home to my hubby to tell him!

*I took the test in the first place because I'd been really sleepy and I was only a few days late which isn't that abnormal, but I just had a feeling.*

When Scott got home from work and the gym, FINALLY, I had a nice dinner and the table set for 3. Our plates in our usual spots and a razorback sippy cup and razorback baby fork and spoon with the 2 positive pregnancy tests where a plate would normally be. I met him at the front door. Yes, I was on pins and needles looking out the window, watching for him, impatiently waiting for him to come driving down the road! I made him close his eyes and grabbed his hand and led him to the table and told him to open his eyes and told him "we're going to be a family of three!" Of course he said "what?" He was a little confused.. the shocked, then excited, then scared to be too excited just yet.

I was ready to go to the doctor the next day and have him say oh yes everything is great, go tell everyone! BUT when I called unfortunately they said he doesn't like to see his patients until they are 8-10 weeks along. So, I had to wait a whole month before I got to go to the doctor. My appointment was scheduled for a Monday and the Thursday before they called and rescheduled it for the NEXT Thursday! I was NOT happy. Scott had a meeting in Little Rock that he couldn't miss on that Thursday so I knew he wouldn't be able to go with me. Complete bummer. But tried to stay positive! We decided it'd be best to have someone go with me rather than no one, and thank God we did. It was too cool to experience it alone!

July 29th-Mom went to the doctor with me that Thursday and we got to hear the baby's heart beat, see the heart and see the little peanut in me. It was very surreal! Thanks to technology Scott didn't have to totally miss out on the experience. We got a DVD and as soon as he got home from Little Rock he came home to watch it with me. Now he feels like it is more real since he has actually seen the baby! You didn't have to tell me it was real, I felt it! I haven't been sick, just sleepy and nauseous and moody.

July 29th-I let the fab five know and Scott called his closest friends to share the good news! This may sound cheesy, but I loved listening to him tell his friends! It was sweet :)

July 31st and August 1st-we began to tell all of our families over the weekend! They were all very excited as we knew they would be and it was alot of fun making our rounds and phone calls sharing the good news!

And now that I've broken this all down I just realized it was exactly a month between the first pregnancy test and the first doctors appointment!


March 4th, 2011-the due date!!!



Here's our little peanut! (Sorry for the bad quality, they were uploaded from my phone and I can't make them bigger!)




I will be 10 weeks on Friday. Here I am at 9 weeks 6 days!



Baby Wenzel is the size of a prune this week. :)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Scott! I know you guys must be on cloud nine. Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh!!! awesome awesome!!! congrats to u and scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So excited for you and your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH amy! i had no idea. what wonderful news--congrats to you both! looking forward to all the updates in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness.. Im sooo happy for you and Scotty! Your both going to make such great parents!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! Bought my grandbaby his first gift today! A jogging stroller, no not for me, its for you Amy! :) SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Amy! Happy for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How am I just now seeing this post???? I was wondering if you ever posted and apparently you did....can't believe I missed it! YAAAAAAY for baby Wenzel....Aunt Whit is gonna spoil it bad!

    ReplyDelete