I've always joked and said if I just quit eating cheese I'd probably lose 10 lbs in a week because I eat so much of it. I loooove cheese! I buy the laughing cow cheese and babybel cheese to have as a snack after work. I can kill a bowl of queso at Zapata's. Baked potatoes, burgers, turkey sandwiches, grilled cheese, tomato soup with cheese.. The more cheese, the better!
Well, for about a month now I've had some major stomach problems. I haven't really been able to put my finger on what it is. I've kept a somewhat mental diary of what I eat and what messes up my stomach and it seems to be the "deli select" turkey, cheese, milk, beef.. and then just random things sometimes. I was thinking maybe it's just IBS. It's been very frustrating and every day I can't even enjoy my lunch because I'm worried about how my stomach may react.
So, today Scott and I came home for lunch and before I even ate lunch, it hit me. I ate a bowl of cheerios this morning and a quaker's granola bar about 10:30. I just started crying because it's so annoying that I hadn't even eaten in an hour and out of nowhere, BAM it hit me! It's just so weird. So, Scott made me call in sick for the rest of the day and go to the doctor. I hate calling in sick, I always feel like they think I'm lying. Anyway, my boss was very nice about it and it of course was no big deal so I went to the doctor. The doctor said that he thinks I'm Lactose Intolerant. Which almost made me cry again.. seriously!!!! I mean if I can't have dairy products, what am I going to eat? Every grocery list starts with milk, eggs, bread, cheese.. well, so does the list of what NOT to eat if you are lactose intolerant!
I'm going in Friday morning for a Hydrogen test to test for Lactose Intolerance, Fructose Malabsorption and Overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. Hopefully this test will answer all my questions!
Kind of a boring post.. but that's what's going on in my life right now! :)

Sorry you are having tummy issues! that can't be any fun. hope they figure out what it is! keep us updated. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteawe no milk or cheese! i'm not sure i could do that! it'll all work out and you'll be fine :) let me knowwww what they say on friday!
ReplyDeletebless your heart! i'm a total cheese person too. hope it turns out well!!
ReplyDeleteoh know! i sure hope you're not lactose intolerant... that would so sad :( I hope it's something else, but also hope you get it figured out and get that belly well!
ReplyDeletelove and miss you!
that happened to me for a while, and i started eliminating all the "trigger foods" from my diet. then after a while (months, a year?) i started eating whatever i wanted again and it didn't happen any more. i'm not sure what the deal was...ibs triggered by stress? maybe you'll be lucky and you will have a spontaneous recovery too....E
ReplyDeleteI can totally sympathize with you! I have been having to watch my dairy intake because supposedly it makes babies gassy. Eat more meat and tomato based pastas maybe? Hope the dr goes well and they figure out what it is! Miss you and LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete