Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"you are not alone..." M.J.

I went to the doctor yesterday and left feeling very good about my whole tummy situation. Dr. Fontenot said that she thinks it's IBS which is apparently a very common problem. She said I have the opposite problem than most people with IBS have. (I'll spare the details) But it seems to be mostly when I eat out which she said could have something to do with the way the meal is prepared at resturants. I don't know.. but I do know that we've been cooking alot lately because it is cheaper and easier on my belly. So, she prescribed me some medicine to take before I go out to eat to help easy my stomach/nerves of the fear of my stomach getting upset while stuck in a resturant. She told me I'm not crazy and that many people feel this way and have this problem so that was very comforting.

Now, I can't wait to go out to eat Joe's Pizza tomorrow night with Josh and Jaclyn! I will try out the new meds before I go because I don't want stomach pains to get in the way of my good time. I LOVE Joe's Pizza! Josh and Jaclyn are a couple friend of ours from church. They are so sweet. They are getting married November 14th and we couldn't be happier for them! They are so cute and so much fun. Hopefully Scott will get to come home for their wedding. Josh is a lawyer here in Texarkana and Jaclyn is an aide at Pleasant Grove Elementary this year, hoping for a teaching position next year. I'll post pictures of our dinner date later if I remember to take pictures.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week! :)

2 comments:

  1. loving the new look! and yay for figuring out the tummy problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they got you set up with some meds! hope they help! cute background!!

    ReplyDelete