
When I was ten, Luke Anthony was born. As soon as I found out Mom was pregnant I started hoping and praying for a sister! I already had two brothers, I didn't need another one! Or so I thought. The idea of having a sister to share clothes with, steal her shoes & have girl talks with seemed perfect to me. Mom and Dad didn't find out the sex of the baby with Luke or the rest of us. This I think is crazy because everyone finds out these days! I know I will want to! Anyway, I will never forget Dad coming to pick us up to take us to the hospital for us to meet our new sibling. He didn't tell us if it was a boy or girl. He wanted us to wait and see when we got there. I still remember looking through the window and seeing the sign "It's a boy!". I teared up, big time. I never cried, but I was pretty disappointed. Another boy.. seriously? Luke cracks up when I tell him how disappointed I was at that time that he wasn't a girl.
We went into the room with Mom and later on they brought this new precious baby in the room. We all sat around and talked about what to name our baby boy. I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad had already decided Anthony would be the middle name because that was her Father's name and her brother's name. We narrowed it down between Luke or Mark. I wanted Mark and I guess everyone else agreed on Luke. Thank God they didn't go with Mark. He would get sick of being "Mark McGuire"!
I love all of my brothers to pieces and would do anything for them. Now that I've grown up and matured I know I wouldn't trade any of them for a sister! Luke and I have had some fun memories together. I still love dragging him out of the house to run around with me and jammin' to some good tunes while driving the shuffle. Who knew it'd come so soon that he'd be driving me around the shuffle! He's an amazing athlete, awesome musician, smart student, whitty, unique, great artist and a cutie, but above all, he's just got a heart of gold.
Happy 16th Birthday to my baby brother!!!

I have three brothers, one older and two younger, just like you, right? Well, when I found out my youngest brother was going to be a boy, just a few days before he was born, I through an all out screaming crying fit, I was so mad! Now I wouldn't trade any of mine for a sister either, it was nice ever having to share a room or my stuff! ;)
ReplyDeletesuch a sweet tribute! all teary eyed on this side :)
ReplyDeleteAwhhh...so precious! And Luke is a wonderful young man! He will always give you a hug and that is important to us older women! ha Love you Luke!
ReplyDelete