Since God decided to send a flood to Texas over the past couple of weeks, we had to go check on the lakehouse to see what was going on down there. Not that it really matters because the place has been flooded serveral times before and everyone in the family is just ready to tear the thing down and start all over but Grandma Betty would just die if she didn't have the lakehouse. So, we went down there and we couldn't even get down the street! From the point where I took these pictures our lakehouse is about a mile to a mile 1/2 down the road. There were guys in paddle boats that went all the way down then guys going down the lake in their boats that we talked to and they said our cabin was flooded. What can ya do?
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Weekend at home before Wichita Falls again :)
I got to see the Mentzel's this weekend! Molly is getting so big and her sweet smile melts my heart! Katie and Erik are so blessed to have such a sweet little angel. Katie dressed Molly in her A&M outfit for Daddy since they were playing that night, but I personally think she looks best in purple and gold! :) Gotta take momma's side. Whatever she is wearing, she is ADORABLE!
Sunday I went with Mom, Dad and Luke to Caddo Lake then to Shreveport to see Uncle David. He was in a really bad car wreck about 2 weeks ago. He was hit by a Mack truck that ran a red light and broke his collar bone and shattered his knee. He had to have surgery on his knee and they had to put plates, screws and fake bone to "re-build" it. The car looked terrible in the pictures and the paramedics said he lucky to come out alive and not more injured than what he was. I was so glad I got to go see him because he has been weighing heavy on my heart these past two weeks. He has more energy than a 3 year old and I just can't imagine of all people, Uncle Dave having to lay around in pain all day. It's just so sad to see him in pain and bound to a wheelchair. He won't be able to go back to work for about 2 months so please keep them in your prayers. Him and Aunt Martha are troopers though, they have alot of faith and know God will get them through this tough time.
Since God decided to send a flood to Texas over the past couple of weeks, we had to go check on the lakehouse to see what was going on down there. Not that it really matters because the place has been flooded serveral times before and everyone in the family is just ready to tear the thing down and start all over but Grandma Betty would just die if she didn't have the lakehouse. So, we went down there and we couldn't even get down the street! From the point where I took these pictures our lakehouse is about a mile to a mile 1/2 down the road. There were guys in paddle boats that went all the way down then guys going down the lake in their boats that we talked to and they said our cabin was flooded. What can ya do?
Since God decided to send a flood to Texas over the past couple of weeks, we had to go check on the lakehouse to see what was going on down there. Not that it really matters because the place has been flooded serveral times before and everyone in the family is just ready to tear the thing down and start all over but Grandma Betty would just die if she didn't have the lakehouse. So, we went down there and we couldn't even get down the street! From the point where I took these pictures our lakehouse is about a mile to a mile 1/2 down the road. There were guys in paddle boats that went all the way down then guys going down the lake in their boats that we talked to and they said our cabin was flooded. What can ya do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

pretty pics! molly looks so big!
ReplyDeleteshe does look so big! and I see her everyday :). Crazy pics of the flood! glad we got to see you and your mommy!
ReplyDeleteI agree...she is getting big! And precious of course. Sad I missed her. And sad the lakehouse flooded...part of it I suppose!
ReplyDeleteGlad Uncle David is doing good :)