Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"you gotta learn to reduce reuse recycle"-jack johnson

It's been one week and one day without my best friend. It hasn't been too bad but it's only the beginning. I've held up very well and actually have surprised myself. I feel safe at night with our alarm system installed and I've been sleeping great except for waking up in the middle of the night a few times but I usually go right back to sleep. I talk to him several times a day so that helps and I'm going to see him this weekend! :) I can't wait to get there!

Sometime in this past week I decided to start recycling. One reason is because I have to take out the trash now and I realize how much we are throwing away. Also, because about a month ago I saw these pictures on my cousin, Jennifer's facebook of her little girl Katy recycling. I thought if a two year old is doing it, I need to be doing it! Texarkana use to have the big orange bins you put out with the trash cans to recycle but I don't ever see them anymore. I guess I'll just take my stuff to the bin at the school. Maybe Texarkana isn't "green"??? Here's Katy recycling and my bags that I'm seperating everything into, too.









Look what I had when I got home from work Thursday. God gave me a rose! I never water this or do anything to the flower bed that Scott has told me is mine to take care of and roses keep popping up!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for recycling..I need to follow in your footsteps :) And I love the rose, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that rose is beautiful! Glad you are doing good :)...and recycling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you are recycling! cute pictures of Jennifers little girl! and to echo the girls, the rose is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete